Meditation is an art to still our mind and to experience the peace inside.
“The whole of meditation practice can be essentialized into these 3 crucial points: Bring your mind home. Release. And relax!”Sogyal Rinpoche
If you are familiar with the meditation but not getting time to do it, go ahead and start it again. We will see how much valuable it is for us. And if you have not done it till now then don’t give any excuse. Start it from today and then let me know how you feel in a week (Comments are always welcome 🙂 ). If you are doing it, you are awesome.
My experience with meditation:
I used to meditate sometimes not regularly. Then there was an incident that helped me to realize the true value of meditation and now I meditate regularly, especially before doing any creative work.
Every morning I sit with my laptop to write an article. One day when I was working on it for a while, I could not able to concentrate (Unfortunately, It was Monday morning). There were plenty of thoughts playing with my mind about the things related to this week.
After trying for half an hour without any success, I set everything aside. I played meditation music and just went with the flow. After just 15-20 minutes when I found myself peaceful, I started writing. And then, yes I have done it. It was more than what I expected. I was astonished by the power of meditation.
Why we need meditation:
1) If you are not able to focus on one thing at a time: Today we all have so much to do every day that our mind gets out of control to focus on the right thing. You are working on a task in the morning hour but thought of next schedule task for evening coming again and again. It does not allow you to focus on the current one.
Mediation helps a lot to gain the focus on the right thing. Even if you are able to do mediation for 5 to 10 minutes daily, it would be very helpful.
2) If you say, what you do not mean: Suppose you are talking to someone and then he said something bad or unexpected. Or he told you something against you and you respond it instantly in anger. Things went wrong and then after some time you realize that you should have not treated him like that.
We all are so egoistic that even after any mistake; we don’t have courage to sorry him. Ok let us not talk about later things. But we can avoid these kinds of things at first place. Meditate. You will have such a control over your mind that it will not say a word without your consent. You will find a time to pause before response and then that response will be better one.
Did you say what if someone hurt you?
“Nobody can hurt me without my permission”Mahatma Gandhi
3) If Negative thoughts strike your mind so often: Today we are so affected by negativity around us that negative thoughts keep coming to our mind. What if I will lose my job, what if my loved one will leave me one day or what if I will run out of money some day?
It is alright to come all kind of thoughts in our mind. But the point is to recognize negative thought as soon as possible and shift it to something positive. Negative thoughts create chain of negative thoughts and positive thoughts create positive chain.
4) To Self talk: We go to work and get ourselves so busy with other people that we let die what is inside of us. Do you remember what last time you talk to yourself? When you ask yourself “How are you and how life going on”.
Meditation reconnects our connection with ourselves. We start realizing what is most valuable to us.
“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.”Aristotle
5) To experience peace and better health: We should take care of the mind as we take care of body. Do you get depressed soon even if you have a good healthy body? If yes, start taking care of your mind. Give it some peaceful time and meditate. It’s truly awesome.
If you want to see the immediate effect you must do it before any creative work and you can focus on the thing you actually want to do.
“The gift of learning to meditate is the greatest gift you can give yourself in this lifetime.”Sogyal Rinpoche